Not only do I love to go out to eat, but I also love to cook and bake. When I cook, I often try to cook something healthy (unless I'm making mac & cheese or pesto). I love baking as well, but when it comes to cookies, muffins, cheesy bread, challah, cake, etc I can't just have one slice; I devour practically the whole thing. I follow recipes and come up with concoctions on my own. So here is my first recipe inspired by the flavors of Greece.
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5 min (excluding peppers) Cooking Time: 30 min
1 Roasted Red Pepper, chopped (see note below)
1/2 c. Feta
4 tbsp Onions, chopped
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp Kalamata Olives
Oregano, Salt, Pepper (to your liking)
Panko (enough to cover top of chicken)
2. Mix pepper, feta, onions, garlic, olives, and spices.
3. Spray an oven-safe pan, and lay down 2 chicken breasts.
4. Split the mixture evenly between the two pieces of chicken, and lay the
remaining chicken pieces over top of the mixture.
5. Sprinkle panko over the top of each chicken piece. Add more spices to top
6. Bake in oven for 25-30 min or until cooked through.
* To roast peppers, cut pepper(s) in half and take out seeds. Put on cookie sheet and bake in oven on BROIL for about 20 min or until blackened on top. Remove from oven and place in a sealed zip lock bag for 20-30 min. When cool enough, take peppers out of bag and peal outer skin off. Roasted red peppers freeze well!