Potato Leek Soup
Adapted from Potato Leek Soup
10 Yellow potatoes, peeled & cubed
2 Yellow onions, chopped
3 Leeks, cleaned layer by layer and sliced into thin rings
2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
6 c. Chicken broth
Salt, pepper, dried or fresh thyme & rosemary to taste.
- After preparing the vegetable, heat pan over medium heat with olive oil or butter. Add onions, leeks, and garlic and cook for 10 min. Stir frequently as you do not want to burn the leeks.
- Add in potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with spices and herbs to your liking. Cook 10 min.
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then, cover and simmer for 30 min.
- Remove pan from heat. You may want to let the mixture cool a bit longer. Transfer soup to a blender or food processor and puree in several batches to desired consistency. (I like to leave it a little chunky.)
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each bowl if you so desire.