Adapted from here
Total Time: 1 hr Makes: 4 patties
1 c. Cannellini beans
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 c. Panko
1/3 c. Flour
1 Egg, beaten
1.5 tsp Smoked paprika
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/8 tsp Cumin
1 bulb Roasted Garlic
3/4 c. Greek Yogurt
1 Avocado, mashed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut top of garlic bulb off to reveal cloves and try to remove excess paper skin around the outside by rubbing gently back and forth. Drizzle with olive oil. Set in small baking dish and cover with foil. Roast garlic for about 45 min.
- To cook the sweet potatoes, pierce all over with a fork. Set on paper towel and microwave for about 10 min, flipping half way through. Remove, slice in half long ways, let cool a bit, and scoop out the potato from the skin.
- In a mixing bowl, mash beans with a fork and add sweet potato, continue mashing. Mix in panko, flour, egg, and spices. Cool the mixture in the refrigerator for about 15 min.
- Form potato and bean mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Heat grill to 425°F.
- Grill patties 5-6 min on each side.
- After the garlic bulb has cooled, remove the cloves by pinching the bottoms (clove should pop out). Mash into the Greek yogurt.
- Mash avocado and serve roasted garlic sauce and avocado with the sweet potato burgers. Add caramelized onions for extra noms!